White Wine Butter Sauce, aka Buerre Blanc, is a fantastic and versatile sauce.
The layers of acidity, the sharp shallot and the dreamy butter infused with French flavors, this can be poured over almost anything.
If you’re not too comfortable with Roux this is a great place to start. It is a lighter sauce since you do not use Roux as a base. That means it is naturally Gluten Free!
I spoon Buerre Blanc over Salmon, Chicken, and Veggies like Asparagus or Broccoli. Even plain pasta with this sauce is delicious as well! I even sauté my risotto rice in it as a secret infusion of flavor.
- 1 Shallot
- 1 Pound of Unsalted Butter
- 1 Cup White Wine
- ½ cup White Wine Vinegar
- Salt & Pepper
- Cut Butter into small cubes, place cubes in fridge to keep cold
- Finely mince Shallot
- Add Shallot, Wine and Vinegar to sauce pan. Bring to a boil
- Reduce until liquid is almost entirely gone, with just a spoonful or so left
- Add Butter a few cubes at a time, whisking rapidly as you add cubes
- Whisk constantly until all Butter is melted and infused with flavor
- Strain sauce through colander to remove solids
- Spoon over food immediately before serving!
The main ingredients in the sauce, if you don’t have shallot substitute with white onion