We’re hitting the height of summer so it’s time to keep it refreshing and light! Plus, is anything better then that sweet summer corn? You don’t need much to make this lively Corn “Ensalada”
Feel free to use it as a salsa for fish tacos, mix it with black beans for filling meal or eat it on its own as a snack with some chips and a salty margarita.
Eating seasonally is so important for the freshest flavors. Some great additional options would be to add in ripe summer tomatoes or bell peppers as well. I found some lovely tomatillos on sale so I used them instead!
For the ultimate freshness and satisfying summer flavor we need to turn to citrus! Acidity in general is so underrated in American cooking. Fresh squeezed lime juice is the key ingredient to the bright flavors and colors we crave.
- 4 Ears of Corn
- 6 Tomatillos or small Tomatoes
- 1 large Jalapeno
- 1/3 of a large Red Onion
- Juice of 3 fresh squeezed Limes
- Green onions
- Avocado or other neutral oil
- Shuck corn, removing as much of the stringy bits as you can
- Boil corn for a few minutes, it takes less than 5 minutes to cook fresh corn
- While corn cools down, dice Red Onion and Jalapeno. Squeeze limes into a bowl and add Onion and Jalapeno.
- Let Onion and Jalapeno sit for about 15 minutes. This removes some of the “bite” from the onions and infuses everything with a bit of jalapeno flavor as well. Add in green onions and stir.
- Cut kernels off the cooled corn, add in lime juice, jalapeno and onion mixture. Cut tomatoes or tomatillos into bite sized chunks and add them in as well.
- Top with Cilantro and drizzle with Avocado Oil, serve warm or cold!
That’s it! Couldn’t be simpler, just fresh produce and citrus that brings out the natural flavors in the corn.
Check out our latest posts!
- How To Not Fuck Up Your Paris Dining Experience
- How to Make the Best Classic Italian-American Red Sauce
- Simple Summer Corn Ensalada
- Dijon Herb Lamb Loin Chops
- Cherry Tomato Confit with Feta
And don’t forget to follow and subscribe for more recipes and travel tips!